SIDEWALK CAFE LICENSE
SIDEWALK CAFÉ LICENSE – The holder shall comply with all rules and regulations applicable to the issuance of the principal Class B License, Class D or Class B Restaurant License and with all municipal ordinances and Fire and Health Department regulations.
1. Plans must be submitted to, and discussed with, the Board, prior to the beginning of any renovation or construction of any sidewalk café.
2. Sidewalk café must be at least 3 to 4 feet high with the only entrance and exit to the Sidewalk Café is through the licensed premises.
3. The holder shall have obtained the required permit and/or approval from the City of Hagerstown, municipalityand approval from landlord is required governing the location of the licensed premises.
4. The holder shall ensure that at least one employee is certified by an alcohol awareness program and on the premises at all times during the operation of the Sidewalk Café.
5. The holder shall keep the kitchen open during all hours of operation and have prepared meals available to be served in the Sidewalk Café.
6. The holder may not serve alcoholic beverages after the hours of midnight any day of the week or before noon on Sundays in the Sidewalk Café.
7. The applicant(s) submit herewith a statement duly executed and acknowledged by the owner of the premises in which the business is to be conducted, assenting to the granting of the license applied for, authorizing the Comptroller, his duly authorized deputies, inspectors and clerks, the Board of License Commissioners for the aforesaid County, its duly authorized agents and employees, and any peace officer of said County, to inspect and search, without warrant, any and all parts of the premises where said business is to be conducted, at any and all hours.
8. The license for which this application is made is to be for the period beginning on the date the license is issuedand ending June 30th next, from date hereof, and the applicant(s) tender herewith the sum of $500.00.
Effective 5-7-2014 - Updated August 26, 2019
Sidewalk Cafe License $500.00
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN VACCINATED PLEASE WEAR A MASK OUT OF COURTESY TO OUR OFFICE STAFF.
Thank you for understanding, the Board is working hard to make sure that we can get you through this difficult time and to make sure that you and your families are safe.
The Washington County